Together for Girls (TfG) a public-private partnership working to break the cycle of violence, with special attention to sexual violence against girls. TfG partners include several private sector organizations led by BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), six UN entities, [UNICEF, WHO/PAHO, UNAIDS, UN Women, UNFPA and the UN Special Representative of the Secretary General on Violence Against Children], the U.S. Government [U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, the CDC’s Division of Violence Prevention and USAID] and the Government of Canada. Several foundations and individual donors also provide funding to the partnership.
Working closely with national governments, our model focuses on contributing across three pillars of action:
- National surveys to document the magnitude, nature and impact of physical, emotional, and sexual violence against children;
- Evidence-based, coordinated policy and program actions in countries to address issues identified through the surveys; and
- Global advocacy and public awareness efforts.
The TfG partnership, established in 2009, has grown exponentially, and is now active in over 20 countries, contributing to results across multiple Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We are demonstrating that with the leadership of governments, the strong technical expertise and platforms of TfG partners, and a comprehensive multi-sector approach for implementation, progress toward breaking longstanding cycles of violence is achievable.
Supervised by the Chief Operating Officer, the Administrative Assistant will be a part-time position (approximately 20 hours per week), based in our Washington, D.C. office. The position will be responsible for supporting the Together for Girls’ secretariat in handling administrative and office management functions.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Provide general office coordination, including coordinating and printing agendas and materials for staff meetings, overseeing equipment acquisition and maintenance, securing office supplies, maintaining inventory of printed collateral, etc.;
- Assist staff with planning and booking travel, including assisting with visa applications and expense reports, etc.;
- Schedule and make other arrangements for internal and external meetings and appointments, including coordinating with partners, preparing materials/folders, catering and taking meeting notes;
- Support communications and program teams with arranging special event logistics;
- Develop slides for events and presentations;
- Assist with preparing briefing notes, reports, and other documentation for partner meetings;
- Maintain an up-to-date Together for Girls’ master contact list;
- Assist with updating the Together for Girls’ web site (training provided);
- Support team in maintaining accurate Google calendar, a meetings and events calendar, and an organized Shared Drive;
- Assist team with troubleshooting office technology issues;
- Process all invoices and assist with depositing checks and acknowledging receipt of donations;
- Collect the mail on a weekly basis, sort, and share relevant pieces with Chief Operating Officer;
- Field questions from incoming e-mails and determine appropriate staff to assist them when necessary;
- Ensure all visitors are on building security list and greets all guests in a positive professional manner;
- Maintain staff contact info, birthday and hire-date anniversary list;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in providing administrative support in office setting;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, partners, donors, etc. both in verbal and written form;
- Highly organized. Ability to maintain accurate records and office systems;
- Understanding of general office protocol;
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite;
- Knowledge of basic office equipment;
- Have the ability to handle confidential sensitive matters;
- Must be able to prioritize, work well in a fast-paced environment and exercise good judgment and problem-solving skills.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- Four-year college degree preferred. Equivalent secondary education and experience considered.
- At least 1 year of experience in administrative support role required. Non-profit organization experience desired but not required.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Work Environment and Hours:
This is an approximately 20-hour per week non-exempt position, based in the Together for Girls office, located at 1889 F St. NW, Suite 350 Washington, D.C. 20006. The specific days and hours worked will be negotiated and confirmed in the offer letter, based on the selected candidate’s schedule restrictions/preferences as well as TfG’s schedule/needs. The option to work remotely for 1-2 days per week may be considered as well.
Hourly rate will be commensurate with experience. Part-time employees working at least 20 hours per week are eligible for the following benefits:
-Health insurance (50% paid by employee and 50% paid by employer)
-3% employer match on employee contributions to Simple IRA plan, 100% vested
-10 paid holidays annually
-10 paid vacation days-3 paid sick days
-1 paid community service day
Please send a resume and cover letter with compensation (hourly rate) requirements to [email protected] by December 1, 2019.