What is post-rape care? Comprehensive, survivor-centered post-rape care includes a range of services for survivors of forced or coerced sex. We ask national and community leaders to break the cycle of violence by:
- Ensuring comprehensive post-rape care services are available in every community, including for children;
- Raising awareness about the benefits of quickly accessing healthcare after rape, and educate the community about where services are located;
- Reducing barriers to care by enacting policies that are supportive of survivors;
- Promoting an environment that makes it safe to talk about rape and ensure that survivors have access to justice and laws against perpetrators are enforced; and
- Investing in prevention to end all forms of sexual violence.